Normally I do a “What I Learned” type post but considering I’m still learning what it’s like to raise boys, I figured this was appropriate.
By the way, I fully expect to add to this list as early as this afternoon…
- We have yet to experience bunk beds (I secretly fear them, but know they are coming) but I will say that I wish I had invested in a padded headboard for my 3-year-old.
- Every male should have the middle name: Kamikaze. Just write it in on the birth certificate.
- LEGO Duplo blocks hurt like a mother when you step on them with bare feet.
- Tampons make great parachute packs for GI Joes (see above).
- Do not put carpet in the bathrooms.
- Actually, don’t have in the bathrooms that you don’t want to get “wet”.
- The fascination with the pen!s starts in the womb.
- Anything can be made to resemble a gun (see the line directly above).
- Dog piles, wrestling, farting, burping, putting a hose between your legs while laughing… it’s all in their DNA and it can’t be changed. So don’t even try.
- Sometimes you just have to let go (or walk into another room and bite your tongue).
- All knock knock jokes will contain any (or all) of the following words: fart, burp, poop, pee pee, poo poo head…
- Get over your fears of creepy crawly things because your son will eventually hand you a worm.
- A dirt-crusted face with a smile is the most adorable thing ever (I wasn’t anticipating this one at all).
- Football really isn’t all that bad after all.
- You may think you are a “girl mom” until you have all boys (I didn’t anticipate this one, either).
- The term Mama’s Boy is no lie.
- It’s likely there will be (multiple) grey hairs by age 32.