The Valco Baby Zee is turning some heads with its sleek and modern design, complete features and amazing maneuverability. I’ve decided the Zee should be renamed the Zippy – for a lightweight stroller, it’s that smooth. Like butter.
The Zee offers families pretty much everything they could need or want for an everyday, from birth stroller with a lightweight and compact package.
VALCO BABY ZEE DETAILS
- Weighs only 18 pounds
- Accommodates children from birth to 45 pounds
- Retails for $330
THE ZEE SEAT
- The seat back on the Zee offers firm back support with just enough padding to make it comfortable for extended use. The one-touch recline adjusts seamlessly and allows the seat back to stop in any position – from almost fully upright to fully reclined.
- The seat back is on the normal to tall side (20-inches tall with a tall 26-inch clearance from seat bottom to canopy), which is great for use with older children. My two year old and four year old both fit perfectly in the seat with plenty of room to grow.
- The head stopper at the top of the seat back is for use with an infant and when the seat is reclined, but can be stored neatly behind the seat when not in use or while using the Zee with an older child.
- The adjustable footrest adjusts to three positions and helps to provide additional comfort to smaller babies and for sleeping toddlers.
- The included and removable padded bumper bar has two positions – up for in use and down for when folded. The fabric zips off, so it’s easy to clean and easy to wash. I’ve found that a good wipe-down is typically all it needs.
The one thing I would like to see included with the Zee seat is a newborn/infant positioner or head hugger. The seat can get a little chilly to the touch, which can startle young babies and while Valco Baby has an All Sorts Seat Pad accessory, I like to see a from-birth stroller come standard with an infant support.
THE ZEE CANOPY
- One of the best features about the Zee is the Ex-tended canopy. The canopy itself is a good size canopy (with a lock on both sides), but when unzipped, the canopy extends to provide full sun coverage for children in both the reclined and seated position.
- The peek-a-boo window on the canopy has a velcro closure, a toggle to keep it rolled and neatly stored and a dark mesh to block most sunlight while allowing airflow through the stroller on hot days or while your child is sleeping.
THE ZEE HANDLEBAR
- The handlebar is fixed and cannot be adjusted. The height of the handlebar is 40 inches from top to ground and because of the design, the stride clearance is large – meaning even tall parents are less likely to kick the frame of the stroller while walking.
THE ZEE WHEELS
- The rear wheels are tubeless, which means there’s no need for an air pump and no need to worry about flats. The rear wheel suspension aids in making the maneuverability so superb, while the 360 degree front swivel wheels make it, well, zippy. Then lock the front wheels straight to maneuver over rougher terrain.
- Due to the design of the Zee, my children aren’t able to dangle their feet and mess with the front wheels… I like that, a lot. There’s nothing worse than gliding along then have your child suddenly jerk the stroller by placing their feet on or near the front wheels.
THE ZEE STORAGE
- It’s not the biggest storage basket (it’s more like a deep square) but again, because of the design, it’s one of the most accessible baskets. You can pile some serious cargo into it though…
- With the seat reclined, the access is less but I’m still able to reach in and grab smaller items.
THE ZEE FOLD AND UNFOLD
- Easy peasy! With the release of the bumper bar and two locks, the Zee collapses into a compact package the size of a piece of luggage – with a standing fold and automatic lock! Pop off the wheels and it’s even more compact.
- Leave the wheels on and you can roll it behind you or place the handlebar on your arm to carry it like a bag. At only 18 pounds, traveling with this stroller is super easy.
- The unfold on the Zee is quick (it takes about three seconds) and easy (the frame automatically locks into place) and then, you’re ready to go.
Like what you see on the Zee? Enter below for a chance to win your very own Valco Baby Zee in the Sapphire color.