The Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat G2 is the go-to eco-friendly car seat for eco-minded and modern families. Parents love the safe, innovative and practical features, while children enjoy and love riding in comfort and style.
ORBIT BABY TODDLER CAR SEAT G2 DETAILS
- Accommodates children from 15 – 65 pounds
- Rear-facing weight range: 15 – 35 pounds
- Forward-facing weight range: 25 – 65 pounds
- Comes complete with Side Impact Braces for rear and forward facing installation.
- Approved for aircraft use with the Side Impact Braces.
- Weighs 21.5 pounds.
- Retails for $380
- The Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat G2 is a convertible car seat, but is called a “toddler car seat” because the minimum weight capacity is 15 pounds – unlike most other convertible car seats that start at 5 pounds in the rear-facing position.
- The Toddler Car Seat can be installed using the included Side Impact Braces. The Braces are color coded for proper installation and when used in the rear-facing position, they give the seat a natural recline – as the seat does not have a manual recline feature built-in.
- The Toddler Car Seat G2 can be installed with the vehicle safety belt or the included LATCH belt.
- While testing the Toddler Car Seat, I immediately noticed it has a deeper seated position, which angles baby’s legs at a more comfortable position and provides additional legroom when installed rear-facing.
ORBIT BABY TODDLER CAR SEAT ON THE CAR SEAT BASE IN REAR-FACING INSTALLATION
What sets this car seat apart from the others is its ability to dock on the infant car seat base in the rear-facing position. If you transition your child from the Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat to the Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat G2, you’ll already have the base in your possession. If not, you can purchase the car seat base separately for $220. This is by far the most amazing rear-facing feature I have seen to date.
We all know that keeping your child in the rear-facing position up to and beyond age two is the best and safest place for baby, right? We also know that getting a toddler into a rear-facing car seat can be a difficult task at times. Well, Orbit Baby makes rear-facing easy, which, in turn, helps to keep babies and toddlers in the rear-facing position for a longer period of time.
How? Let me tell you… It’s amazing.
With one squeeze of the side handle (with one hand), you simply rotate the Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat on the car seat base – stopping at almost any angle. With the Toddler Car Seat facing towards the side of the car, you can load your child into the car seat, properly buckle and tighten the harness and then rotate your child to the rear-facing position.
Why I love the Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat on the Car Seat Base:
- Getting your child into a rear-facing seat is not easy. With the rotation feature, you can easily and safely load your child into the car seat — no matter what size of a car you have.
- Loading your child into the car seat from the side is way better for your back.
- When loading your child from the side, you can clearly see what you are doing – there’s less room for error when tightening the harness straps and making sure the chest clip is in the proper location (at your child’s armpit level).
- You can remove the Orbit baby Toddler Car Seat from the car seat base and dock it on the Orbit baby stroller G2. This is a first of its kind feature that allows maximum adaptability and lifestyle flexibility.
- You can also dock your Toddler Car Seat onto the car seat base at nearly any angle, which is also better for your back.
- My kids think it’s fun to rotate to the rear-facing position after being buckled in the seat.
- Accommodates children from 25 to 65 pounds or up to 53 inches in the forward-facing position.
- The Orbit baby Toddler Car Seat G2 can only be installed with the Side Impact Braces in the forward-facing position.
- The deep seat has a natural recline, which makes it more comfortable and ergonomic for a child up to 65 pound (or 53 inches).
- The BeltKeeper feature allows for easy and safe loading of your child into the car seat. The crotch strap is held in the forward position and the harness straps (when loosened) are held to the side to allow for a child to climb in – which also helps to keep the harness tangle-free.
- the plush microfiber seat is soft, comfortable and doesn’t get too warm or cool to the touch. It’s also easy to remove and machine washable. The fabric also dries very quickly (less than 24 hours when lined dried inside a garage) – trust me, we’ve tested this part already.
- The Velcro keeper holds the harness adjustment strap neatly in place and allows for easy accessibility.
- The adjustable comfort side wings are made with multiple foam zones, using EPP foam for maximum side-impact protection.
DESIGN AND STYLE DETAILS
- The Toddler Car Seat G2 has extensive side impact protection safety features.
- The discrete and sleek back panel stores the manual and all straps out of view. This makes it look a whole lot nicer when used with the Orbit Baby stroller G2 as a stroller seat.
- The Orbit baby Toddler Car Seat is free from BFR’s (Brominated Flame Retardants).
- Orbitgreen Certified Fabrics mean it’s the first car seat certified by Oeko-Tex Standard 100. These fabrics and Standards ensure the seat is healthier for your baby and better for the environment.
- The Side Impact Braces give the seat one of the widest footprints — for stability, but still allow it to fit in narrow center seating positions without interfering with the vehicle’s seat belt buckles or the vehicle’s LATCH connectors.
The Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat G2 is the first convertible car seat with the ability to adapt to a stroller. This is ideal for traveling, easy transporting of your sleeping baby from the car to the stroller and to maximize the use of your baby gear.
The only thing I want to mention about this feature is… The Toddler Car Seat weighs a little over 21 pounds – without a child inside of it. While I think the feature is extremely useful for traveling or to not disturb a sleeping child from car seat to stroller, that’s a lot of weight to be moving around. I wouldn’t use the Toddler Car Seat as my stroller system for every day use, but I do think it is beneficial for periodic use.
Visit Orbit Baby Clips to see detailed videos on proper installation for both rear-facing and forward-facing installation.
Click HERE to read more about the Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat G2.
Disclosure: Orbit Baby sent us a Toddler Car Seat G2 to review. Like always… All opinions are my own.