We are just days away from finding out the gender of our newest family member.
One would think (and we have heard, multiple times) that it’s our turn for a girl – after three boys.
We “tried” for a girl the third time… That just proved that no matter what you do, you are given what you are meant to have. This fourth baby is/was a happy accident. There was no trying, no thought involved, it just was. I have my gut feelings about it, but even then, I don’t know whether to fully trust them. I don’t know if my instincts are clouded by my desires.
Yes, I would love a girl. I would also love another boy. At this point, I would be happy with either. We know boys, we’re living boys, boys make sense (well… for the most part) to us. A girl would mix things up quite a bit, but not in a bad way. Just different. There are reasons why I would like a girl; there are reasons why I want another boy. At this point, I just want to know. I want to pick a name, I want to pick the nursery theme, I want to sew a blanket and buy some layette.
I’m the most impatient person when it comes to surprises. Especially when I know one is coming. I don’t like secrets, I don’t like waiting for something exciting and I love to plan ahead of time. That’s just me. Plus, this nesting thing seems to happen earlier and earlier each time.
Perhaps it’s the fact that time flies by when you have kids. And even faster when you have multiple kids.
The holidays aren’t helping either. I’m already in the decorating mode and I just can’t stop… Also, I think this baby is making me a gourmet cook. Or, at least, I like to think so.
This weekend we will be taking the kids and my mom to find out the gender of this new baby and we will celebrate him or her with love and joy. Either way, this baby is a blessing and we love this baby so much already.
Just for fun, head over to the Mommy Loves Coffee Facebook page to cast your vote – Pink or Blue? What do you think this baby is?
An in case you believe in the wives tales (I don’t really believe in them after doing this four times), here’s a little info about this pregnancy so far:
- Aversions: Fizzy drinks, red meat (I can eat it, I just don’t prefer it), red sauce on pizza and pasta, bacon (I know…), anything coconut
- Cravings: Oranges, grapes, eggs, toast, chicken, salads with creamy dressing, garlic bread, water, vanilla soy lattes, mac and cheese, cheese, PF Changs spicy chicken, vanilla ice cream, au gratin potatoes
- Morning Sickness: Felt queasy/”off” from week 8-11. Started vomiting at 14 weeks… it seems to be getting worse. Still nothing like the past three pregnancies so I can’t really complain.
- Showing: Still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants, but showing a little more in the past week.
- Energy: About the same. Just going to bed earlier than before.
- Patience: Fine… unless I’m not feeling good.
- Baby’s heartbeat: 140-145