Quinn, my dear friend, and I packed up for another adventure at the Skirball Cultural Center with the amazing Big City Moms family and all the lovely expectant parents in Los Angeles. But it was more than just an adventure, it was a reunion with many friends, a great time meeting new faces, fun talking with parents-to-be about the latest and greatest and speaking as an expert panelist with my friends, The Guncles, Bill Horn and Scout Masterson.
Our seminar was a hit – I had one mom tell me we even had her husband engaged and listening! And although we could have stood up on that stage and talked for hours (literally) and about so many more of our favorites, we were given the (difficult) task of narrowing it down to our top 10. So in no particular order (or if you weren’t able to make it to the event) here are our top 10 picks for Best Baby Gear!
- 6-in-1 Baby Carrier: 6 Positions
- Newborn (7lbs) – 45 pounds – NO infant insert needed
- Eliminates that “Baby Wearing Gap”. The adjustable seat solves the babywearing gap from stage to stage within your baby’s personal growth and development.
- Extremely Comfortable! We own and use this carrier so I can honestly say that the ergonomic position is comfortable for baby (and mom/dad) in every setting.
4moms breeze – and rockaRoo
- The breeze is easy – it opens and closes in one step. Literally. I can move the breeze from room to room with extreme ease and it travels nicely in the included, fully-enclosed travel bag.
- Comes fully equipped from birth – it comes complete with a travel bag, full-sized bassinet and separate bassinet mattress and leak-proof changing pad.
- Moving it from room to room or from destination to destination? No problem!
- Parents of all lifestyles love it because of the ease of use AND the sleek design.
A rocking seat that takes literally seconds to assemble, is super simple to operate, it’s not an eyesore, is as quiet as a mouse and the baby adores it? – gold.
- This super lightweight swing is way more than your traditional swing. 4moms took a traditional swing and flipped it on its head, which maximizes the sensation for baby at baby’s head – where it matter most.
- The flexible toy bar provides visual and tactile stimulation, but can easily swing out of the way when you need to get baby in and out.
- With 5 speeds and the ability to connect your mp3 player (with the included mp3 player cord), baby will be soothed, happy and sleeping in no time.
- It’s the little things… I really love the attached, discrete pocket on the back of the seat. It’s a perfect spot to store the AC adapter and mp3 cord while not in use, traveling or storing. I also love the shape of the toy balls, as they are easier for my son to manipulate.
- You can’t forget about layette basics for baby!
- L’ovedbaby Organic Cotton Basics Collection are GOTS-certified 100% organic cotton. GOTS ensures that their factory is both environmentally and socially responsible.
- The sizes range from size newborn/preemie to 24months.
- The collection comes in 8 beautiful solid colors and 5 striped colorways that all mix and match, which equates to lots of neutrals and options for both boys and girls.
- Play Matchmaker – Mix and match seats, bases and accessories. Choices- Pod/Basket, colors for frame, seat, canopy… customize to your liking VISUALLY before you buy.
- What’s new for the G3 stroller frame and stroller seat:
- Improved maneuverability
- Sleek all-black base or sophisticated dark grey
- Simplified folding
- Plush grips with fold-friendly feature
- Soft, ventilated fabric
- Improved 5-point harness (no little escapees in this one!)
- All G3 pieces are compatible with G2 line.
- We’ve been using the G3 stroller frame and stroller seat since it came out and I’m highly impressed with the changes Orbit Baby has made for their G3 line. We have used the G2 infant car seat and G2 stroller since Quinn was born, so I know first had how convenient and helpful each little improvement really is.
- Now dad doesn’t need to feel any embarrassment lugging around a lady-like diaper bag!
- Diaper Dude makes a number of bags, including a line of bags with the logos of Major League Baseball teams. The camo is great because it’s also a little tongue and cheek for those dads that like that sort of thing. (Hey, it’s good enough for The Guncles!)
- These bags make a great father’s day gift or baby shower gift. Why not bring something for dad too?!
Timi and Leslie Hannah Limited Edition Pastels Collection
- All Timi and Leslie bags are vegan, faux leather and PVC-free.
- I adore this line because everything is included! Function, Fashion and Features like… Cross-body strap, Changing pad with mesh pocket, Zippered bag, Insulated bottle tote, Stroller straps, Water-resistant lining/light colored to see contents of bag, Two exterior side pockets/6 interior, Attached key fob. See? You get everything you need in one purchase!
- Truly an everything stroller – a car stroller, nap stroller and umbrella stroller combined.
- The reclining seat with adjustable footrest allows for infants (and toddlers) to lounge or rest while on the go.
- G-LUXE’s hand-level triggers make it easy to fold it with just your fingers. Once folded, G-LUXE stands on its own and out of the way. THIS IS HUGE! Especially when you’re trying to get out the door with a baby on your hip or get everything in the car – with a baby on your hip.
- Extendable SPF 50+ sunshade to block those harmful rays while seated or reclined.
- Stain and water-resistant fabric and removable seat pad – G-LUXE’s seat pad can be easily removed for washing away your child’s spills. (It’s Machine washable).
- The lightweight aluminum frame only weighs 13.4lbs total!
- The stroller comes with an included cup holder for parents.
Stokke Tripp Trapp
- Tripp Trapp adjusts to the size of your child, ensuring he or she is always at the perfect height to eat, play and interact, with his or her feet properly supported, at whatever age.
- By around six months, your baby will be able to start sitting upright unaided. With the use of the Baby Set, which has a high back and rail support with an integrated crotch strap, the Tripp Trapp lets your baby sit securely and comfortably at the table with the entire family.
- The intelligent, adjustable design allows freedom of movement with both depth- and height adjustable seat- and footplates. When adjusted correctly, your child is ensured a comfortable and ergonomically correct seating position at any age.
- All of my children sit in a Tripp Trapp – yes, even the oldest at 11 year old.
Britax Frontier 90 ClickTight
- This forward-facing seat is suitable from 2 years and 25lbs up to 90lbs, and in booster mode from 40-120 pounds.
- We showed this particular seat to demonstrate the ClickTight technology as I have a feeling that Britax will eventually integrate the ClickTight technology in all their convertible (and hopefully infant) seats as well. This technology is amazing.
- The ClickTight Installation System allows parents to easily achieve a safe and secure installation using the vehicle safety belt throughout the life of the seat (in harness mode) without having to worry about the weight of their child.
- True Side Impact Protection – provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body of the child – keeping the child aligned in the event of a collision.
- Base with SafeCell Technology – designed to keep child safe/secure in a crash by compressing and lowering the center of gravity/reducing the forward motion of the seat.
Summer Infant BabyZoom WiFi Video Monitor
- An internet viewing system that also includes a dedicated in-home handheld monitor. Perfect for traveling parents, working parents, grandparents, checking-in on your pets, while out on date night… the sky is the limit!
- Many of the internet monitors on the market include the camera only. It’s obviously still most important to be able to monitor your child when you’re at home and no one should be using their phone as an all day video monitor!
- Bank level security with secure log in.
- 3.5″ TOUCH screen with hi-res color display and night vision.
- Expandable system. Able to monitor 2 cameras/2 rooms at one time.
What would you add to our list?