KidsFest is San Diego’s largest hands-on, creative festival for kids and their families. Presented by the Chloe Nichols Foundation, KidsFest 2014 will transform the NTC Ingram Plaza in Point Loma into a wonderland of play, with activities designed to stimulate and celebrate the imagination during the weekend-long celebration on May 17-18, 2014.
We have attended KidsFest a few times now and it’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced. The pure joy on the children’s faces as they discover and navigate their way through all fun and activities is priceless. While some kids like to create, some kids prefer to get messy and others just want to dance… KidsFest somehow manages to set the stage so kids of all ages (yes, even my then nine year old enjoyed his day at KidsFest) have a good time.
KidsFest provides interactive fun, sensory stimulation, creative play, organic curiosity and allows for experiencing the simple joys of life. We have some very excited boys that can’t wait to get messy in the Messy Zone and dance the day away with one of our favorite bands, Hullabaloo. Another important thing to know about KidsFest is that they have always been very accommodating and aware of food allergies. That’s huge for us as we are a gluten-free family.
Some of the activities this year include:
- Hullabaloo, the outrageously popular folk, funk and rock band for kids (new this year).
- The Messy Zone- Filled with mud, muck and messy fun.
- Creation Station- See your child’s imagination at work at this make-and-take crafts station.
- Green Thumb Market presented by Honest Tea & Crown Ace Hardware- A creative space for gardeners.
- Built It Construction Square- Construct a castle, design a reading nook, or just play and create.
- Dress Up Alley presented by Fairytale Fashionista- For kids who like to get red-carpet ready.
- Gumball Alley & Bubble Zone- Where kids can kick, ram and bam hundreds of jumbo “gumballs.”
- Snack Shack presented by Clif Bar, Pretzel Crisps and Trader Joe’s- For young chefs (healthy treats are included in the price of admission)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll presented by TakeLessons- For aspiring musicians to make their own take-home instruments.
- Food Truck Lunch Room- Providing delicious treats for the whole family to enjoy.
- Raise the Roof- For those who want to have crazy, hands-on, tangled, twisted fun.
- VIP Stroller Valet- Complimentary parking for all.
Saturday, May 17, 2014 and Sunday, May 18, 2014 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
NTC Ingram Plaza at Liberty Station is conveniently located off Rosecrans Street in Point Loma
2690 Historic Decatur Road, SD CA 92106
Children under 2 are free. Early Bird tickets are now available through April 30. Single tickets are $15 and a Family Four Pack is $45. Tickets can be purchased online at www.kidsfestsandiego.com.
TICKET DISCOUNT CODE
Buy your tickets now and enter the code “MommyLovesCoffee” to receive $5 off a Family Four Pack.
I’m trilled to be giving away a Family Four Pack of tickets to this amazing event (valued at $45). Good luck!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I am being compensated for my time. All opinions are my own and we will be attending KidsFest San Diego again.