What do you get the mom who has it all? Well… chances are, she thought she had it all. These must-have items are not only perfect for any parent with a new baby, each item – or a combination of a few – make for amazing baby shower or welcome home baby gifts. In fact, if you visit the new parents after they bring their bundle of joy home for the first time, show up with one of these items and a meal and you’ll instantly become baby’s favorite aunt or uncle. Guaranteed.
GIFTS FOR THE BABY
- Hand-picked, trendy baby clothing always make a fun gift – especially when you show up with it in hand after the baby has arrived. The new mom is sure to adore little pieces like the I Heart Mom onesie by Hiho Batik, the comfy and versatile Appaman Downtown pants with elastic waist and the Star Playsuit from NUNUNU Baby is one of my go-to gifts because honestly, there’s just nothing quite like it!
- The Stokke Jersey Blanket Set is the perfect gift for a new baby. The ultra soft and super absorbent burp cloth, matching bib (which is the perfect size for those teething days – and beyond) plus the matching blanket make for one practical and stylish set.
- The Ergobaby Wrap is what I refer to as the 10th month of pregnancy. The wrap cradles baby against mom or dad’s chest and mimics a womb-like environment. Quinn basically lived in his wrap for the first few months.
PRACTICAL BABY GIFTS
- The new Baby Au Lait Premium Muslin Swaddle Set provides parents with multiple uses – and they’re cute and oh so soft.
- The OXO Perfect Pull Wipe Dispenser continues to be one of my favorite items to this day. Sometimes it’s the little things and to be able to pull one wipe at a time in the middle of a messy blowout, let’s just say, that’s more than a little thing…
- Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottles not only feel natural, they are one of the only ones that Quinn will use. Yes, every baby is different, but I’ve also received a ton of wonderful feedback about these bottles from mothers all over.
- The Summer Infant Slumber Buddies have also become a huge favorite around here. I used the soft glow in the early days to navigate a middle of the night diaper change and to position Quinn in the proper breastfeeding position through the night (without startling him awake with the bright lights of the room). And now that he’s older, it serves as a nightlight for nap and nighttime.
GIFTS JUST FOR THE NEW MOM
- The Organic Belly Bandit by Rosie Pope helps mom feel secure and prompts her body to heal properly with just the right amount of compression. I suggest that you know the mama well enough to gift her with this… Maybe save this one for your BFF, she’ll be forever grateful.
- You can’t go wrong with any of the Earth Mama Angel Baby products, but I encourage you to gift the amazingness that is the Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter. Not only does it work wonders on sore nipples, I’ve used it on my dry hands, on Quinn’s dry patches and as lip balm when in a pinch. I swear by this stuff.
- The Bravado! Designs Essential Embrace Nursing Bra is a perfect gift for a new mom – especially if she hasn’t experienced what an amazing nursing bra can feel like.
- The Belabumbum Maternity and Nursing Pajama Pants and Cami Sets will be loved in more ways than you can imagine. Encourage the new mom to lounge, rest and be comfortable with her new baby in the most comfortable pajamas you will ever feel. You might want to get a pair for yourself while you’re at it.
- Gifts don’t have to be big, that’s why I love the Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes. Chances are, the new mom is spending her precious time with her precious newborn or sleeping and not practicing self-care. I can tell you first hand how important self-care is when you have a newborn in the house. I can also tell you that I’m one of the guilty moms that didn’t make it a priority.
- Personalized Stacking Rings from Three Sisters Jewelry make a very thoughtful gift for a new mom. They’re unique, they won’t scratch the baby and I don’t know any mom who wouldn’t love to have something special with her baby’s name on it.
GIFTS THAT KEEP ON GIVING
- The Lillebaby 6-in-1 Complete Airflow Carrier provides mom and dad with a comfortable place to hold baby close. But baby doesn’t want that closeness and security to stop after those newborn days – no way. And that’s okay with the Lillebaby Complete because it grows and transforms without the use of infant inserts or added accessories. Mom and dad can carry their baby for years to come with this carrier.
- The Zoli Nom Nom Lunch Bag travels with me all the time. I used it primarily as a breast milk travel bag for outings and overnight trips in the early days and now I use it as a lunch and snack bag almost every day when we’re out and about.
What is your new mom must-have item?