The 2013 UPPAbaby G-Series strollers have a lot to offer parents and families – without the bulk and added weight. Whether you’re looking for a simple and lightweight every day stroller, a back-up stroller or a stroller ideal for traveling, the UPPAbaby G-Series stroller are definitely worth looking at! First we reviewed the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LiTE – the lightest, most compact stroller available from UPPAbaby.
UPPAbaby G-LiTE SEAT DETAILS
- The 5-point harness has three height positions and adjusts easily at the waist straps and at the shoulder straps. It’s important to have a harness that’s easy to adjust to accommodate different children and layers of clothing through the seasons. Because my two youngest still use a stroller from time to time, I am constantly adjusting the straps (mainly the waist straps) so this is a feature I definitely look for in a lightweight, do-it-all stroller.
- The seat is stationary and does not recline. It’s a sling-style seat so when your child is seated, the seat molds to your child’s body for comfort and support. Even though it does not recline, the seat back is not completely upright and therefor can accommodate an older toddler/preschooler should he fall asleep while on the go (which doesn’t happen at all for us anymore – my youngest is three).
- The seat itself has two components. The fixed seat is a mesh material, which makes it extremely breathable and comfortable in any weather. The seat liner is padded and can be removed for washing or if you prefer to use the stroller with the mesh seat (like on a hot summer day).
- Removing and replacing the seat pad was very easy to do and does require minimal removal of the harness straps (also really easy to do). The seat pad also stays put! In the time we’ve been testing this stroller, it has not moved or slouched at all while in use – and while my kids climb in and out of the stroller multiple times. This is something I really paid attention to…
- The seat pad is made from UPPAbaby’s StainDefend fabrics, which make it water and stain resistant.
UPPAbaby G-LiTE SUN SHADE
- The sunshade has four positions. It can be removed completely, it can be stored up (but still attached to the stroller frame), it can be locked into position to shade the child from the sun and it has an extendable SPF 50+ sunshade that pops out from the inside of the sun canopy – and stores neatly when not in use.
UPPAbaby G-LiTE FEATURES AND DETAILS
- There are two, independent foot brakes – one for each rear wheel. I usually lock one, unless were on an incline and then I engage both of them. But when I do lock both, I often forget that I have to unlock both of them.
- The safety lock is a button that ensures the stroller will not fold accidentally. The stroller is folded by pushing the safety lock then pulling each grey circle (located on each handlebar) upwards. These steps are the only steps needed to fold the stroller, but it does require two hands.
- The automatic lock on the side of the stroller frame keeps the stroller folded for easy transport and the attached carry strap allows you to carry it over one shoulder while traveling.
- The included parent cup holder can be popped on or off the frame quickly and easily and can hold up to 1.5 pounds.
- The G-LiTE has a 4-wheel suspension, which makes for smoother rides for you and your child. The suspension, along with the lockable front wheels, allow the stroller to get through a little rougher terrain – like peddles, dirt paths and packed sand. And when you face the deeper sand, just fold it and carry it on your shoulder!
- When folded, the stroller has an attached “foot” that allows it to stand on its own. No more locking the wheels and leaning the stroller up against things, it stays clean and out of the way with this amazing feature.
- The lightweight aluminum frame makes the G-LiTE extremely easy to push, fold and use on a daily basis. I really love using it with my kids.
- The G-LiTE is suitable from 6 months to 55 pounds.
- The 2013 G-LiTE stroller weighs only 10.7 pounds.
- Retails for $150
The UPPAbaby G-LiTE is a suitable from 6 months to 55 pounds. My three year old is 35 pounds (and my five year old is 42 pounds) and they both fit in the G-LiTE very nicely. It’s a great stroller for quick errands, ideal for travel, perfect for city walking and everyday use – especially with an older toddler or preschooler who is phasing out of the stroller stage, but still needs one from time to time. And because it doesn’t take up a lot of room in your trunk or home, it’s great to have handy!
Above you can see the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LiTE (on the left) and the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LUXE (on the right) side-by-side.
Disclosure: UPPAbaby provided the stroller for us to review. All opinions are my own and we have really taken the time to use this stroller prior to reviewing it.