Sticking with the practical theme of our Valentine’s Day cards this year, we decided to use a sand shovel to create our 4-year-old’s Valentine’s Day greetings.
- Plastic shovels
- Valentine’s Day candy
- Cellophane gift bags
- Twist ties
- 4-inch circle punch
- Heart stamp
- Stamp pad or stamp marker
- Hole punch
- Using the circle punch, punch a circle out of the cardstock paper.
- Stamp a heart in the center of the circle.
- Write: “Valentine, I dig you! [heart], your child’s name” around the stamped heart.
- Punch a hole at the top of the circle, set aside.
- Pour a handful of Valentine’s candy inside the shovel.
- Gently place shovel (with the candy in it) inside the cellophane bag.
- Using a twist tie, secure the bag around the handle of the shovel to close the bag.
- Place one piece of ribbon under the shovel handle, below the twist tie.
- Knot the ribbon over the twist tie to hide it.
- String the stamped circle onto the ribbon.
- Knot the ribbon then tie a bow.
Check out the LEGO Valentine’s Day cards we made for our older son.