The 2013 UPPAbaby G-Series strollers have a lot to offer parents and families – without the bulk and added weight. Whether you’re looking for a simple and lightweight every day stroller that can be used from three months, a back-up stroller for yourself or relatives or a stroller ideal for traveling, the UPPAbaby G-Series stroller are definitely worth looking at! We recently reviewed the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LUXE – the lightweight, compact, infant and beyond stroller by UPPAbaby.
UPPAbaby G-LUXE SEAT DETAILS
- The 5-point harness has three height positions and adjusts easily at the waist straps and at the shoulder straps. It’s important to have a harness that’s easy to adjust to accommodate different children and layers of clothing through the seasons. Because my two youngest still use a stroller from time to time, I am constantly adjusting the straps (mainly the waist straps) so this is a feature I definitely look for in a lightweight, do-it-all stroller.
- The seat itself has two components. The fixed/main seat and the seat liner, which are both padded. The seat liner (and the main seat) can be removed for washing, but you don’t have to wait for it to dry! You can use the stroller without the seat liner, too.
- Removing and replacing the seat pad was very easy to do and does require minimal removal of the harness straps (also really easy to do). The seat pad also stays put! In the time we’ve been testing this stroller, it has not moved or slouched at all while in use – and while my kids climb in and out of the stroller multiple times.
- The seat pad is made from UPPAbaby’s StainDefend fabrics, which make it water and stain resistant.
UPPAbaby G-LUXE SEAT RECLINE
- The seat has a one-handed three position recline. It’s a structured-style padded seat with a padded, removable seat pad for added comfort, support and practicality.
- Because the full recline is not completely flat, the G-LUXE is for children ages three months and up.
- To recline the seat, squeeze the lever on the back of the seat up (with one hand) to adjust to one of the three recline positions. To sit the seat back upright, I just push the seat back upward to the desired position.
- The first position is the fully upright position, which has a natural recline and does not sit fully upright. It’s plenty upright for your child to sit comfortably for longer periods of time and to see the world around him while strolling.
- The second position is a rest position and perfect for younger infants.
- The third position is the sleeping position and is great for napping on the go and for those 3 month old’s. The back of the sun canopy is tailored and fits around the seat back when in the fully reclined position to make the space darker and more comfortable for the child. It can also be rolled up to increase airflow through the stroller.
- The two other features on this stroller that compliment the reclined position are, the extendable SPF 50+ canopy and the adjustable footrest. When the seat is fully reclined and the footrest is in the up position with the SPF canopy is in place, it creates a comfortable, sun-safe spot for a tired little one. My three year old is 37-inches tall and while his feet hang off the footrest (when it’s in the up position), his head doesn’t touch the top of the seat back when fully reclined.
UPPAbaby G-LUXE FEATURES AND DETAILS
- The sunshade has four positions. It can be removed completely, it can be stored up (but still attached to the stroller frame), it can be locked into position to shade the child from the sun and it has an extendable SPF 50+ sunshade that pops out from the inside of the sun canopy – and stores neatly when not in use.
- There are two, independent, foot brakes – one for each rear wheel.
- The safety lock is a button that ensures the stroller will not fold accidentally. The stroller is folded by pushing the safety lock then pulling each grey circle (located on each handlebar) upwards. These steps are the only steps needed to fold the stroller, but it does require two hands.
- The automatic lock on the side of the stroller frame keeps the stroller folded for easy transport and the attached carry strap allows you to carry it over one shoulder while traveling.
- The included parent cup holder can be popped on or off the frame quickly and easily and can hold up to 1.5 pounds.
- The G-LUXE has a 4-wheel suspension, which makes for smoother rides for you and your child. The lockable front wheels allow the stroller to get through a little rougher terrain – like peddles, dirt paths and packed sand.
- When folded, the stroller has an attached foot that allows it to stand on its own. No more locking the wheels and leaning the stroller up against things, it stays clean and out of the way with this amazing feature.
- The lightweight aluminum frame makes the G-LUXE extremely easy to push, fold and use on a daily basis.
- The G-LUXE is suitable from 3 months to 55 pounds.
- The 2013 G-LUXE weighs 13.4 pounds.
- Retails for $220
Above you can see the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LiTE (on the left) and the 2013 UPPAbaby G-LUXE (on the right) side-by-side.
Disclosure: UPPAbaby provided the stroller for us to review. All opinions are my own and we have really taken the time to use this stroller prior to reviewing it.